Sunday, May 22, 2011

Another Hot One

Saturday was another brutally hot day in the sun. None the less we are making good progress in getting the interior load bearing walls up to floor level (two courses of blocks above the footer). The 2 long segments are 90% done; the 6 shorter segments are about 60% done.

One of the Haitian masons has decided I need to learn to count and tell time in Creole. At the end of the work day yesterday I was sitting on some blocks in the shade just cooling down and looking over our work. After the tools had been washed off and before he left for home, he walked over to me to say good bye and began prompting me to count. After a few minutes of this exercise, we parted ways; I'm quite sure we'll have another session on Monday.

Today seems to be a bit milder; late yesterday evening there was a heavy rain for half an hour or so. I'm thankful for this day to move slowly and relax. A medical team arrived yesterday; they'll be here for a week. Some of the folks have joined Lowell for a "ride" around the town and up the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment