Monday, April 19, 2010

On the Road Again

The bags are all packed and there is still some time to catch a couple hours of sleep before we're off to the airport. Four of us from Chi United are scheduled on the 6:05 am flight out of Philadelphia bound for Port-au-Prince by way of Miami. According to the schedule we should be on the ground in Haiti by 10:40 am Eastern Standard Time (although Haiti is in the same time zone as we are, they do not observe Daylight Savings Time).

Although the focus for this trip is the construction of a house for Judain, through the overwhelming generosity of the Chi United family we are taking with us several hundred beanie babies and some other small toys. Those items are guaranteed to bring smiles to the faces of many Haitian children.

During the next 9 days I hope to provide periodic updates on our activities. Thanks for your interest and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Bob, Its Nicole Sleighter. I just wanted to say I hope you all have a wonderful trip and may God be with you. I had really wanted to go on this trip when I initially heard about it but there was no way that I could right now. I will be praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete