Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why this Blog?

From time to time I’ve had the opportunity to join others in traveling to Haiti (and other countries) and spending time working with our missionaries and the nationals on-site. On each of these occasions I’ve attempted to maintain contact with the folks back home by means of periodic emails. The management of email distribution lists adds administrivia and provides no assurance of a reasonable distinction between those who have interest and those who do not.

The earthquake in Haiti on January 12 has piqued the interest of many. Several months prior to that time I had planned a return trip to Haiti for April 2010. Not until February 15 did I receive confirmation that the April trip was still on the schedule. Since that time I’ve also been given the opportunity to join a team on March 23 for a 5-day tour of sites where we might be able to help re-establish meeting facilities for some of our national churches.

So --- I decided to use this blog instead of email as a means of sharing experiences, observations and thoughts. You are welcome to tell other interested persons about this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Bob! Welcome to the blogosphere! I am glad that you will be blogging your adventures in Haiti. I will be praying for you as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,Thanks for providing the blog. Our prayers will follow you as you minister in Haiti.

    ReplyDelete